-- --

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Outside the Blue Note, in the Village

Outside the Blue Note
Photo by myself on West 3rd Street and Sixth Avenue, in the Village.

A photo from the stash.

The Blue Note is a club for live jazz that has been open since the early 1980's. Nearly all the world's jazz greats have performed there at some time or other. I have never been inside, but the online reviews seem very good.

These folks must have gone to one the Sunday jazz brunch performances, which are held every Sunday at 12:30 and 2:30. You can just make out that the front canopy is in the shape of a grand piano.

To check out the online schedule of events, check out the Blue Note site, here.

Related posts: Bright Lights, at the Beacon Theater, Twinkly Lights, at the Breslin, and The Royalton, Renovated.


Ken Mac said...

Great jazz club, though they pack em in like sardines.... Village Vanguard, Jazz Standard, Jazz Gallery all my first stop. But nice shot! I walk by here every day and I didn't even recognize it at first. .

Freewheeling said...

Jazz.... Incredible place, but i prefer Small's.

Banjo52 said...

I'm surprised it's been open only since the 80s. I feel as if I've heard of it forever. Nice to have a mental picture.