-- --

Monday, March 26, 2012

I Heart NY for Sale, on Fifth Avenue

Morning, Fifth Avenue
Photo by myself on Fifth Avenue, around 36th Street in Midtown.

The stretch near the Empire State Building on Fifth Avenue is littered with stores selling all kinds of New York memorabilia.

You can get everything from Statue of Liberty headbands to t-shirts and all else.

Related posts: Taking a Break, at the Statue of Liberty, I Heart NY, in Midtown, and On T-Shirt Slogans and the New Yorker Festival.

5 comments:

Olivier said...

au bonheur du touriste, belle "street photography"

Marcia said...

Same is true for Bourbon Street in New Orleans, you have stores that sell everything from shirts to beads, then there are the ones that sell regular knick knacks. On the side streets or at the French Market you get pralines and beautiful works of art. God I miss New Orleans.

In NYC I love the shops in the West Village that sell used books and in Midtown there is a store near the Wellington Hotel that sells the most beautiful Christmas ornaments. When I was last in the city I bought an NBC Peacock tee shirt.

PS I posted your Starbucks video from yesterday on my FB page - I know a lot of coffee fiends.

Ken Mac said...

wow, man in foreground and man in "mid" ground and woman walking away after midman...Americans' are one fat lot1 But a great shot..!

Kitty said...

Thanks Olivier!

Hi Marcia,
Embarrassingly, I haven't been to New Orleans yet. It is on our list. I've heard great things about it from everyone.

Great that you put that video to good use! :-)

Hi Ken
Ha, I didn't even notice the larger folks...I guess I've become immune.

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Hi Kitty!
I really like this picture. The walking reader is great!