-- --

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Friendly Wave from the Deli Counter, in Midtown

Deli, nyc
Photo by myself, in Midtown.

I got a friendly wave from the guy who works in the deli I sometimes go to, the other day.

There's been construction going on nearby, and the deli was flooded with construction workers, who were looking for an early lunch. These fellows usually eat a hearty meal in the mid-morning, just when some of us are waking up (ahem!).

This is one of a couple delis near my office. When we look for lunch, my coworkers and I deliberate on various delis that we've named 'across the street', 'down the street' or 'around the corner'.

As you can tell, we architects are not too creative or daring, ha.

--

Life has been a little nuts, recently. My fiance Mark just left on yet another business trip, this time a long one to LA.

I'll be stopping off in LA on my way to Beijing, in mid-April. This blog will continue, with a mix of pre-scheduled posts and posts that I email to blogger. For whatever reason, Blogger is not accessible in mainland China.

Related posts: Greetings from a New York Pie, in Midtown, A Friendly Wave, in Midtown, and Greetings from Above, in Midtown.

3 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Nice shot Kitty!

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

Even though I'm sitting here eating my lunch, I could sure go for one of the burgers at this place, Kitty. Good luck with all your upcoming travels!

biebkriebels said...

Very nice photo, he really likes you! China is not so fond of internet I think. They want to control those new media.