-- --

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tattooed Man, in Herald Square

Tattoo guy, nyc Photo by myself in Herald Square, around 34th Street and Sixth Avenue.

A fellow with a lot of tattoos was nice enough to stop and pose for me, the other day.

I was crossing the street in Herald Square, when I noticed a guy with a ton of tattoos walking in front of me. I asked whether I could take his photo, and nicely agreed.

'I have tattoos on 75% of my body', he said, and all of them have personal significance.

I didn't ask about the 25% that wasn't tattooed, haha! He thought I was ridiculous because I wouldn't be able to decide on a tattoo, and so I don't have any. 

Related posts: Working Under Bright Lights, at the Wooster Street Social Club, Daredevil Tattoo, on Ludlow Street, and Get Your Tattoos, Downtown.

6 comments:

Banjo52 said...

I don't think this guy wants to get into a discussion of what's ridiculous, but somebody that chiseled (buff, ripped, hunky, six-packy) doesn't get challenged much, I'd guess. Once again, advantage your gender . . . lol

trump said...

You can always tell when its an image of New York City, It just has that vibe that no other place has! Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon,pa

Rose ~ from Oz said...

My goodness Kitty, now that's "Street Art" !

liisamarja said...

oh, kitty, just go with the flow on the tattoo, have it in a private place. your mom never needs to know ;)

so i (read we as certain someone thought neighbourhood didn't look nice i know he's bit weird that way) never got to go to the wooster street social club. will do that next time i'm in nyc alone...wanna come with me?

that gent in the pic...wow, those biceps...

Ruth Hope said...

What a beautiful creature - so symmetrical! You have immortalised him!

Cesc Sales said...

each person "decorate" his body how they like ...