-- --

Thursday, November 26, 2009

All Decked out Below the Empire State

34th Street, lit up
Photo by myself on 34th Street and 7th Avenue, in Midtown.

Sorry for a cliche view of New York, but I just could not resist myself. Monday night, the decorations were up and the sidewalks were packed with people.

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is a New York tradition. The parade starts on the Upper West Side and winds south, ending at the Macy's store. All sorts of floats, balloons and bands are involved. A huge insignia was painted on the street and bright lights were being tested for the television cameras.

The sky was cloudy, reflecting a halo of light around the building.

--

Well folks, Mark and I are headed to Puerto Rico, Thursday. We'll be back very late Monday night. Of course, the blog will continue with a new photo, every day.

I hope everyone who is celebrating Thanksgiving is sharing the day with their families. Don't eat too much!

Related posts: Skating Under the Empire State, Working it Out and Different Vistas.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a good photograph Kitty.
Great atmosphere.
Getting cold I suggest?

Olivier said...

superbe photo, l'ESB avec l'arbre de noel

Christchurch Photo Diary said...

Have a great trip!

Washington said...

Hi Kitty. Thank you for the cliche view, it is beautiful.
Have a great trip!

elsie said...

Never cliche, just breathtakingly timeless...

Kelly said...

thank you for reminding me how beautiful the city can be during this time. I miss it. i hope you have a great time in PR.

Ken Mac said...

beautifully well done!

party bus said...

when i look these picture .... i said i miss the chance..

Hilda said...

No need to apologize at all — it's lovely!

Have a safe and wonderful trip, and I wish you and your family a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!

dianasfaria.com said...

cliche, no way, this is such a great capture. I love this!

Kitty said...

Thanks everyone, I'm so glad you all liked this. Mark poo-poo'ed the image, lol.

Ian:It is getting a little cold, though not as cold as usual. Before we left, it was in the mid-50s, which is unusual.

My so called fab Kelly: I hope you get to visit NYC soon. During the holidays there is a special buzz in the air, which brings out the kid in you.

Party Bus: I hope you don't really mean that. There are certainly very not-so-great things about New York, which I've posted about. Every place has its good and bad points.

Fredrik said...

Cliché or not. It's a great pic. Enjoy your trip to the south!