-- --

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Remembrance, at the World Trade Center

Remembrance
Photo by myself at Vesey Street and Trinity Place, in the Financial District.

News crews broadcasted live across the street from the World Trade Center, Monday evening. In the background, the exposed trusses of the Freedom Tower can be seen.

I heard that the crowds at the World Trade Center were reported to be twice as large as usual. I stopped by the World Trade Center site on my way home.

Strangely, there weren't nearly as many people as I thought. People milled about quietly, taking photos and paying their respects.

WTC
Commuters and visitors walked by one of the towers in construction. It was business as usual.

WTC
A small show of American flags. Ongoing construction of the World Trade Center is reflected in the glass.

Related posts: Night View at the World Trade Center, Salvaged from the Wold Trade Center and On Street Corners, in the East Village.

6 comments:

Olivier said...

cela doit etre la folie à NYC, mais aussi beaucoup d'emotion.

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Hi Kitty.

After the event of last Sunday, I can not imagine how you Americans must be feeling. Certainly a mix of emotions. I wish only the best for you.

Leif Hagen said...

I'll never forget where I was that frightful morning of 9/11!

dianasfaria.com said...

interesting post Kitty.
Nice capture of the man with the flag too.

Pierre said...

I remember exactly the 11 september. I was stunt and frightened during 4 days
Dont think That it Will stop

Kitty said...

Thanks everyone. It was moving to be at the site the other day. There were some relatives there holding signs regarding their loved ones, which was touching.

That day was truly surreal.