-- --

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Shacking it up, in the City

Juicy Lucy's, East Village
Photo by myself on Avenue A and East 6th Street.

New York is not completely comprised of modern skyscrapers or traditional townhouses. Nor do we just have bars and fancy pants restaurants, Korean delis and diners.

This tiny wood lean-to is a juice bar called Juicy Lucy's. They serve made-to-order vegetable juices and fruit smoothies, as well as healthful wraps and yogurt.

Despite its size, this establishment has garnered many rave reviews. Click here to view them.

A La Carte, I'll Have What She's Having, at Katz's Deli and Waiting for Pommes Frites, on Second Avenue.

6 comments:

Pat said...

I love these little places much more than some fancy-schmancy ones. It looks chilly for juice, but I'd try!

Mo said...

I love little places like this too. We have a few here in London

Fredrik said...

I prefer places like that. They are often more comitted than the big companies.

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

This is one of the things I love about New York, Kitty. Chicago does its best to quash such ventures, and our food scene is the poorer for it.

dianasfaria.com said...

of course I am immediately drawn to the "good strong coffee".

Laura Cousins said...

I'm hungry now. That's gotta be an accolade - something that appeals to my sense of sight (your photograph) then immediately triggers a sympathetic reaction in my senses of taste and smell, too.