-- --

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Knitting, on the Commute

Knitting, nyc
Photo by myself on the subway.

It's not terribly uncommon to see people knitting or crocheting on the subway.

Or putting on makeup. The great majority of riders have their noses in real and electronic media, or catch up with their sleep.

Rules prevent people from eating, but that doesn't mean you won't sit next to someone feasting on a chicken dinner. Ick.

This photo is from the stash. We're out in LA on vacation for the week, where there is no subway. A great many people ride buses here for public transport. Posts will continue here, in the meantime.

Related posts: Upside Down, on the R Train, All Lit Up, on the D Train, and 6:24pm, Below Times Square.

5 comments:

Wayne said...

Uh .... there's a subway in LA Kitty. :-) It's nice and clean with some impressive station designs. Check it out.

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Have a great break Kitty, looking forward to some highlight pics!

Kitty said...

Thanks Wayne, I stand corrected! Mark says that it's not used so much, which is unfortunate.

Thanks Rose!

dianasfaria.com said...

I never knew we couldn't eat on the subway! I think I might have eaten a bagel on the subway one time.

Unknown said...

I don't like to sit next to people eating on the subway, that's why I prefer to commute by bicycle.