-- --

Monday, November 17, 2008

All Lit Up on Canal Street

Signs in Chinatown, NYC
Photo by myself on Canal Street.

Buying and selling go on til the wee hours in this neighborhood, where many people come in search of a bargain.

Late on a Sunday night, a jewelry store was still open. Sidewalk hawkers sold their wares under lights connected to generators. People milled about in the cold night air.

--

I had absolutely zero time to myself in Boston this weekend, so I don't have any photos to show of that lovely city. (Argh!!) My mom and I were there visiting my grandfather, who is a whopping 98 years old.

He's doing well, newly located in a nursing home, because he can no longer care for himself. It's a big change for him, but he's relatively healthy and in good spirits. Mom and I took him out to lunch, where he ate tremendous amounts of food. May we all live to that age and be so spirited!

I have to say that visiting the nursing home put life in perspective - we are fortunate to have our health and freedom while we do.

Related posts: Fish Market, Chinatown, On the Sidewalk, Chinatown and One Dollar, One Dollar.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Family-time is so precious. Gives you a feeling of belonging and coming from somewhere. Being charged up in energy to go on. To be thankful for all that you've lived through with you loved ones.

Wishing you a good week dear Kitty!

dianasfaria.com said...

susu is so right! & that is so sweet that you & your mom spent time with your grand dad.
; )

Kitty said...

Thank you dear, Susu!
I see you spent time recently with your mother, in Paris!

Funny we don't appreciate such things til we're older.

Hi Lily
Thanks dear! It was a nice time. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a nice way to spend your weekend - I'm sure your grandfather appreciated the visit! Being able to spend time together is such a gift. Good luck to your grandfather in his new place!