-- --

Monday, August 24, 2009

Inside the Daily News Building

The Daily News Building, NYC
Photo by myself of the lobby of the Daily News Building, on East 42nd Street.

I'm digging deep into my stash today, folks. The heat has been such a bother. Here's a photo from last Spring.

The lobby of the Daily News Building was the inspiration for the Daily Planet in Superman. A large globe is located in the lobby.

--

The Daily News is a popular tabloid-style paper in New York. Its headlines are known for their often incomprehensible puns. Example: 'What the h-Elmo, Man?' next to a photo of an Elmo doll and an article about someone dressed in an Elmo costume, who harasses people in Times Square. Ahem.

I had no idea until now that according to Wikipedia, The Daily News is the 5th largest circulated daily paper in the US.

The newspaper no longer counts the E42nd Street tower as its headquarters. The building, however, is still referred to as the Daily News Building.

Related posts: On the Market, The NY Times Building, Hell's Kitchen and Details, Details.

6 comments:

Olivier said...

une belle mappe monde, as tu rencontré Clark Kent ? ;o)

ChickenUnderwear said...

I see Rita the spammer visited you too!

Kitty said...

Hi Olivier
Yes, I expect dear Clark to round the corner at any moment. :-)

Hi Chicken
I've been deleting tons of spam lately. Oy!

Susu said...

Hopefully the heats eases up a push over there. On this side of the ocean, it's been just nice and cozily warm. The excruciating burn is gone... whew!

dianasfaria.com said...

even though it's from the stash, it's still a good photo and that's what counts eh?

MS Silva said...

Really that's so good. I read this continuously. I am finding another news base blog or websites like http://redtea.com.