-- --

Friday, July 27, 2012

Greetings from Casa del Mar, in Santa Monica

Shutters on the Beach Photo by myself at the beach in Santa Monica, California.

It's blustery and cool near the beach, in Santa Monica, California. The above photo was taken at sunset, next to the fancy hotel next door, 'Shutters on the Beach'.

I'm visiting my fiance Mark, who is here for a work project. We're staying at a super fancy hotel called Casa del Mar. Situated right on the beach, the rooms are prettily decorated and have ocean views.

Very often, you will see celebrities in the lobby, having brunch or drinks. So far, I haven't see any, but I am on the lookout, haha! I must say Casa del Mar is one of the prettiest hotels I've stayed in. It is a welcome departure from the steamy sidewalks of New York City.

Photos will continue on this blog, while I'm away.

Casa del Mar A photo from our well-decorated room at the Casa del Mar.

Casa del Mar The walls are a powder blue, and the furniture is whitewashed. It's difficult to remember that you're still in the 21st century.

Casa del Mar The spacious lobby at the hotel. A huge double-sided gas fireplace was roaring, even though it's the end of July.

Related posts: Greetings from Santa Monica, The Hotel Shangri-La, in Santa Monica, and More Notes, from the Left Coast.

6 comments:

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Oh do enjoy Kitty! Such grandeur! Love the colours in your pic. Oh to be so spoilt.

biebkriebels said...

That bed looks very comfortable. No lack for pillows.

s.c said...

Yes I am wondering how it is to lay your head on a three layered cushion.

Kitty said...

Thanks everyone!

Hi Rose,
I will try not to get accustomed to such comfort!

Hi Gerry,
Wow, 102??! stay inside!!

Hi Bieb and SC
Haha, the pillows are a bit much I agree. More for visual effect than anything.

Banjo52 said...

Looks very nice! Enjoy.

Marcia said...

It's beautiful, reminds me of the Royal Sonesta in New Orleans.