-- --

Monday, June 17, 2013

Making Change, on Fifth Avenue

50th and 5th Ave, nyc
Photo by myself at 50th Street and Fifth Avenue.

I wish I could say this fellow was presenting me with money, but alas, it was not the case. He was making change for a customer, out of frame.

There are loads of visitors right now in the city, and street food carts on the sidewalks at all hours. This cart sold large pretzels, hot dogs and drinks. In the wintertime, many carts also sell hot chestnuts.

Related posts: All Lit Up on Fifth Avenue, Street Meats on Seventh Avenue, and Pizza Truck, Only a Buck.

7 comments:

Olivier said...

tres bonne photo de rue, j'aime beaucoup

s.c said...

Nice streetshot again. Just a perfect shot of street live. I like them a lot. Keep going Kitty.

biebkriebels said...

It would be bad if he offered you money, wouldn't it? :)

Andy said...

Another nice shot by you that sets the mood of New York streets.

Ken Mac said...

Kitty, the first page looks a little odd, then I click on the hyperlink and all's well, the blog looks familiar.

Is this with your Leica? Everything really pops!

Banjo52 said...

Yes, really pops. Vibrant colors and main character leaning toward us, holding money. It's all alive.

dianasfaria.com said...

such a great shot! I love all the colors & how you've captured the young man looking right at you.