-- --

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Life At the Time & Life Building, Midtown

Life
Photo by myself around 54th Street and Sixth Avenue.

A couple stood together, looking intently into the distance.

--

Looking back at the last few days, it looks like I've been taking photos of a lot of peoples' backs lately.

The 'Life' in the above photo is a part of the sign for the 'Time & Life' Building, one of buildings that form Rockefeller Center, in Midtown. It was named for Time and Life magazines, which originally occupied 21 floors in the building.

I'm very rarely in this neighborhood, though I work 20 blocks away. This area is very 'business-y' and 'hard' to me, and probably represents New York to many people - tall buildings, workers dressed for success, movers and shakers.

Related posts: Building For a Greener Environment.

9 comments:

ChickenUnderwear said...

I spent the summer of '83 selling ice cream at that very spot. I got a lot of tickets for no reason at all. The dudes selling loose joints in the plaza never got hassled.

dianasfaria.com said...

I like these "back photos" It looks to me like they are waiting for someone.

Anonymous said...

That's an interesting picture. Love the mystery about it. WHat are those people looking at ? What are they thinking about? Are the waiting for someone?

Fashion Schlub said...

I have come to appreciate "the back" photos as well (seeing as that's about all I get!).

Eva said...

Every block seem top have a life of it's own, know what I mean? :-)

Like the others have said, I like the pictures taken from behind too. People look so relaxed in them.

Anonymous said...

I love your NYC blog. As a new yorker myself, I must say these are great pics. I am going to adda link to your site at my travel site: www.pyrodes.com. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hello again! I have not been here in ages it seems. I like that picture also. I have updated my Montauk blog a lot.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I think the "back" photos add more mystery to the photograph. It makes you wonder more about the people.

Olivier said...

la vie est belle...